Part of a letter I sent someone enumerated all the art forms I’ve tried, and I thought I’d put the list into a blog post for my own easy reference.
Bolded are things I still do/still enjoy doing.
- DANCE: ballet, tap, modern, ballroom;
- MUSIC: acoustic guitar, recorder, singing;
- THEATER?: acting, modeling for a photographer;
- DRAWING: pencils, charcoal, colored pencils, pastels;
- PAINTING: oil, acrylic, watercolor;
- PAPER: 2-d design, collage, paper garments for photography;
- MIXED MEDIA: handmade valentines, building miniature rooms, flower arranging, beading jewelry, collage, “balancing/sculpture” for photography;
- FOOD: baking, cake decorating;
- WRITING: letters, poetry, essays;
- FIBER: braiding, rug hooking, embroidery, machine sewing (from a pattern), knitting on a machine, tapestry weaving, floor loom weaving, fabric painting, fabric dyeing, hand sewing (freeform), quilting, knitting by hand, fiber jewelry;
- PHOTOGRAPHY: nature, portraits –nonhumans, ongoing series of Spouse, self;
- CERAMICS: hand-built vessels, tiles;
- FASHION: my own wardrobe building, styling models for a photographer;
- CONCEPTUAL ART.
I am still tackling the emotional roadblocks obstructing me from creating my own garments.
I don’t really enjoy “wardrobe building” right now because I both don’t make my own garments (yet), and no one but me has any positive interest in what I wear almost ever.